International Special Education Graduate Certificate Concentration
The International Special Education Graduate Certificate concentration is perfect for international educators looking for additional training in special education and skills to identify special needs students, provide differentiated instruction & assessment, and collaborate with classroom teachers.
This 15-credit International ESOL/ESL Teacher Education graduate certificate with a concentration in International Special Education is designed for pre-service and in-service international teachers and educators who desire additional training in special education. All course work may be applied to the MEd in Special Education and will count towards Virginia licensure in special education K-12.
The graduate certificate may only be pursued on a part-time basis. Some course work may be applied to the MEd in Special Education and may count towards Virginia licensure in special education K-12.
- EDSE 501: Introduction to Special Education (3 credit hours)
- EDSE 502: Classroom Management and Applied Behavior Analysis (3 credit hours)
- EDSE 540: Characteristics of Students with Disabilities who Access the General Curriculum (3 credit hours)
- EDSE 627: Assessment (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 776: Consultation & Collaboration in Diverse K-12 Settings (3 credit hours) (Included in MEd Core/Required for certificate only option.)
Note: Students must earn grades of B or higher in all coursework. Most course work has some field experience component.