International ESOL Education (PK-12) Licensure Graduate Certificate Concentration
This graduate certificate is designed for both international and domestic educators who work or plan to work in K-12 English as a Second Language also known as English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) classrooms.
This 30 credit International ESOL/ESL Teacher Education graduate certificate with a concentration in International ESOL Education (PK-12) Licensure provides coursework leading to an initial teaching license in ESL education. It is intended to assist in the development of a reflective stance toward practice and to enhance ability to address critical issues in language and learning. Candidates whose first language is not English may be required to pass an oral and written proficiency assessment in English to meet state licensure requirements and national professional standards.
- EDCI 510: Linguistics for PreK-12 ESOL Teachers (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 516: Bilingualism and Language Acquisition Research (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 520: Assessment of Language Learners (3 credit hours)
- EDRD 610: Content Literacy for English Language Learners, PK-12 (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 790: Internship in Education (6 credit hours)
- EDUC 511: Child and Adolescent Development in Global Contexts (3 credit hours) (Included in MEd Core/Required for certificate only option.)
- EDRD 515: Language and Literacy in Global Contexts (3 credit hours) (Included in MEd Core/Required for certificate only option.)
- EDUC 537: Introduction to Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Learners (3 credit hours) (Included in MEd Core/Required for certificate only option.)
Note: Students must earn grades of B or higher in all coursework.