English as a Second Language (ESL/ESOL) Special Education Graduate Certificate Concentration
Designed for licensed teachers who want a background in both ESL and Special Education this 15-credit International ESOL/ESL Teacher Education graduate certificate provides an introduction to diverse learners and the intersections between these two populations.
This International ESOL/ESL Teacher Education certificate with a concentration in ESOL/ESL Special Education offers coursework for students and professionals seeking crossover training in ESL/ESOL and special education.
The graduate certificate may only be pursued on part-time basis.
- EDCI 516: Bilingualism and Language Acquisition Research (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 520: Assessment of Language Learners (3 credit hours)
- EDSE 501: Introduction to Special Education OR EDSE 540: Characteristics of Students with Disabilities who Access the General Curriculum
- EDSE 503: Language Development and Reading (3 credit hours)
- EDSE 626: The Inclusive Classroom OR EDSE 628: Elementary Reading, Curriculum, Strategies for Students Who Access the General Education Curriculum OR EDSE 629: Secondary Curriculum and Strategies for Students with Disabilities who Access the General Curriculum
Note: Students must earn grades of B or higher in all coursework.