English as a Second Language (ESOL) Education for Practitioners Graduate Certificate
The program prepares educators for domestic and international teaching assignments working with culturally &linguistically diverse learners.
The International ESOL/ESL Teacher Education graduate certificate with a concentration in English as a Second Language (ESOL) Education for Practitioners provides courses for licensed teachers to earn an add-on endorsement in English as a second language (ESL) PK-12, also known as English for speakers of other languages (ESOL). Candidates whose first language is not English may be required to pass an oral and written proficiency assessment in English to meet state licensure requirements and national professional standards.
- EDCI 516: Bilingualism and Language Acquisition Research (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 510: Linguistics for PreK-12 ESOL Teachers (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 520: Assessment of Language Learners (3 credit hours)
- EDRD 610: Content Literacy for English Language Learners, PK-12 (3 credit hours)
- EDRD 515: Language and Literacy in Global Contexts (3 credit hours) (Included in MEd Core/Required for certificate only option.)
- EDUC 537: Introduction to Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Learners (3 credit hours) (Included in MEd Core/Required for certificate only option.)
Note: Students must earn grades of B or higher in all coursework.