Course Scheduling Sequence
Characteristics of Students with VI (2 credits), offered every semester
Students may begin program during any semester but must take Characteristics of Students with VI during first semester.
- Braille Code (3 cr.)
- Medical and Educational Implications of VI (3 cr.)
- Assistive Technology for Individuals with Sensory Impairments (3 cr.)
- Positive Behavior Supports (3 cr.)
- Consultation and Collaboration (3 cr.)
- Curriculum and Assessment for Students with VI (3 cr.)
- Braille Reading and Writing (3 cr.)
- Teaching Methods for Students with VI (3 cr.)
- Orientation and Mobility for Students with VI (2 cr.)
- 4-12 credit units; Requirements vary slightly across different universities.
Core Special Education Courses
- Introduction to Special Education
- Language Development and Reading
Note: These courses may be listed under a different name at your participating university; check with your university liaison. Courses are available each semester and are taken through home university.