2016 UEB Summer Training Institute
The VI Consortium is pleased to announce that the Virginia Department of Education has funded a grant to provide summer training in literary and technical Unified English Braille!
Dates: August 8 and 9, 2016
Time: doors open at 8:00am each day, sessions begin at 9:00am and conclude at 4:00pm
Locations: Multiple sites are available around Virginia. Participants register to attend at the location of their choosing. Each site will be connected to Mason via video conference for real-time instruction.
- Fairfax: George Mason University
- Richmond: LRC
- VA Beach/Norfolk: Old Dominion University
- Roanoke area, New River Valley and Southwest VA: Radford U
- Harrisonburg: James Madison University
- Only open to VSDB staff: Staunton, VA VSDB campus
Who may attend?
- Virginia residents/professionals who:
- Are teachers of students who are blind/visually impaired
- Current VI Consortium students who have at least taken Braille Code
- Para-professionals who know braille code
- DBVI personnel
- This session will provide an update to the changes in braille code. Therefore, participants must be knowledgeable of contracted braille code
- August 8: UEB changes to braille code
- August 9: UEB technical information (for STEM content) and use of the Nemeth Code Changer
All participants must register by July 10, 2016 at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RVJDZS5
More information, please contact Kim Avila at firstname.lastname@example.org