Special Education Leadership
Provides training for educators who administer program implementation efforts for learners with exceptional needs. It is designed for those who have an interest in becoming special education directors, program coordinators, school building administrators, department chairs, or lead teachers; however, opportunities beyond special education also exist.
Special Education Leadership Graduate Certificate with MEd Option
This program is not currently accepting applicants.
- EDSE 701: Legal Issues and Special Populations (3 credits)
- EDSE 702: Managing Resources for Special Education Programs (3 credits)
- EDSE 703: Creating a Collaborative Culture (3 credits)
- EDSE 743: Leadership in Special Education Administration (3 credits)
- EDSE 744: Current Issues in Special Education (3 credits)
Total: 15 credits
NOTE: This is not a state educator licensure program.
Students who are completing the Master's in Special Education in conjunction with their licensure program will need to complete the following courses to meet the MEd course requirements.
- EDSE 501: Introduction to Special Education (3 credits)
- EDSE 517: Computer Applications for Special Populations (3 credits)
- EDSE 590: Special Education Research (3 credits)
- Six elective credits in special education and/or assistive technology.
Additional 15 credits