Let us help you prepare for Praxis testing. We offer workshops throughout the year.
You should meet with your academic advisor at least once per semester to ensure that you are on track to successfully complete your program.
Your advisor can do more than simply help you understand your program requirements; she can connect you to university resources that can aid in your success and can help you find ways to become engaged in learning outside of the classroom. Never hesitate to reach out whenever you have questions or if you experience challenges and need a little help.
Elementary Education Academic Advisor
Thompson Hall, Suite 2300
Prepare for your Appointment
To make the most of your time with your advisor, please prepare for your appointment ahead of time. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment prior to your registration time ticket so you have a plan ready and know which courses you should take next when it’s time to register.
- Make a list of questions: Review your degree evaluation in Patriot Web. If you’re an undergraduate, you should also look at the 4-year plan for your major. Graduate students, please check your handbook for any questions regarding course sequencing. Write down any questions you have about your curriculum requirements before coming to the appointment. In fact, write down any questions you have about anything! If your advisor cannot answer the question, she’ll be able to connect you with the person or office who can.
- Be informed: Review the academic policies, especially if you are interested in doing anything outside of the ordinary (e.g. taking a class somewhere other than Mason, withdrawing from a class, repeating a course, adding a minor). The best source for policy information is the University Catalog. CEHD has also created both an undergraduate and a graduate policy page that contains some of the policies most frequently encountered by students.
Schedule an Appointment
Elementary Education advising is done by appointment only. In-person appointments are always best, but appointments via phone or Skype are available upon request. To schedule an advising appointment, please use the Navigate Mason scheduling system.
- Click the image above or go to https://gmu.campus.eab.com/.
- You will be redirected to another page where you will enter your Mason NetID and password.
- Submit and confirm your password sharing preference before clicking on "Accept."
- Choose your location: College of Education and Human Development Student and Academic Affairs (CEHD-SAA) – Fairfax
- Choose the service: Elementary Education – BSEd Advising or Elementary Education – MSEd Advising
- Select the date and time that works for you.
If you have trouble using Navigate Mason, please contact Ms. Bartush directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. Always use your official Mason student email account, and please include your full name, G#, your general availability for the week in which you are requesting an appointment, and a short description of what you would like to discuss.