Admissions & Information Sessions
Our program is offered on the main Mason Fairfax Campus (traditional face to face), regional cohorts (hybrid) and online.
We are accepting Fall 2019 applications for the following programs:
- Summer 2019 Loudoun Cohort
- Summer 2019/ Fall 2019 Alexandria/Arlington Cohort
- Fall 2019 Northern Virginia Regional Cohort
- Fall 2019 Campus Program
- Fall 2019 Online Cohort
- Fall 2019 Online Independent School Leaders Cohort
- Graduate application
- Application fee
- Goal statement (750 -1000 words) that addresses reasons for choosing leadership as a profession
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended (applicants do not need to send transcripts for courses taken at George Mason University)
- Two recommendation forms which completed by professional references targeting leadership skills and academic abilities (both must be from a current and/or past administrator/supervisors)
- Current resume
The last step in the admissions process will be an interview. You must complete the online admissions application and submit all required information to be scheduled for an interview. We recommend you apply by the priority deadline. Our program does not generally allow students to defer once admitted to the program.
Candidates interested in the Online program are encouraged to review the information posted on this site. Those interested in a regional cohort should email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to be added to an interest list for upcoming information sessions. We strongly urge candidates to register for an information session. Information session dates will be added soon - please check back.
Space is limited in each program option so we encourage interested candidates to start their admission application and submit it as soon as possible. Candidates who are interested in the spring 2019 Online Program must submit a completed admission application by the October 15, 2018 priority deadline. Those who are interested in a spring Cohort or Campus start, should plan on submitting a completed admission application by November 1, 2018.
If we do not have an information session scheduled for a region you are interested in attending select the contact us tab and send our office an email. Please note the region you are interested in and when you would like to start. The Education Leadership Program office will then send you updates on upcoming information sessions as they are scheduled.
Directions and Parking
For campus directions and map visit http://www.gmu.edu/resources/welcome/Directions-to-GMU.html
For parking information visit http://parking.gmu.edu/visitorsregulations.html
- Register: EDLE M.Ed and CERG Campus Information Session — 2/6/2019, 4:30pm - 5:30pm — George Mason University, 4409 Patriot Circle, Fairfax, VA 22030 - Thompson Hall Bldg, Room 1010
- Register: EDLE M.Ed and CERG Loudoun Cohort Information Session — 2/7/2019, 4:30pm - 5:30pm — LCPS Administration Building, 21000 Education Drive, Ashburn, Virginia 20148 in Room 306
EDLE Faculty will be at the Graduate School of Education Open House to answer questions on Saturday, February 9th from 10am - 12:30pm. Those who attend are eligible to receive an admissions fee waiver ($75 savings!). Register here https://cehd.gmu.edu/events/details?id=3591&date=2019-02-09
FCPS is hosting a Pathways to Leadership Conference on Thursday, February 28th starting at 4:30pm. The EDLE Program will have a booth. Contact OPLFE in FCPS for details. We look forward to meeting you.