Graduate School of Education - George Mason University
Graduate School of Education - George Mason University

Our Graduate School of Education is the alma mater for one third of teachers and administrators in Northern Virginia’s world-class school systems. Each year, more than 3,000 graduate students enroll in our innovative academic programs, which include advanced study for teachers and school leaders, instructional design and technology, and a renowned PhD in Education program that is among the largest in the country.

School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism - George Mason University

The School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism (SRHT) offers exciting, career-ready majors in dynamic fields such as athletic training, tourism and events management, health and physical education, kinesiology, sport management, and recreation management. SRHT features renowned faculty, cutting-edge research, six laboratories and centers, and a diverse student body of more than 1,000 undergraduate and graduate students each year. Each major requires one or more internship or clinical experiences, ensuring that students graduate not just with a transcript but with a resume that demonstrates their professional aptitude and skills.

Current Student Information

AdvisingMore Less

Each student is responsible for knowing Mason’s rules, regulations, requirements, administrative policies and academic policies. The University Catalog, your program advisors, and the staff in the Student and Academic Affairs Office are key resources to assist you as you work toward completion of your degree requirements. It is highly recommended that you meet with your advisor at least once per semester to review degree progress and plan for future semesters.

You Have the Keys to Success:

  1. Be an Informed Student

    It is your responsibility to know where you are in completing your requirements. Your advisor is a resource to assist you. If you choose not to meet with your advisor you may miss key information and opportunities to make your experience at Mason a more valuable one.
  2. Read your Mason E-mail

    Students are responsible for the content of university communication sent to their Mason e-mail account ( and are required to activate that account and check it regularly. If you wish to forward your e-mails to a personal account please do so as soon as possible once admitted to avoid missing key communications from various university offices.
  3. Know and Use your Resources

    Friends and other CEHD students are great but they are not reliable sources of information for your individual degree requirements/progress. A reliable resource is a paid Mason employee and the subject matter expert on the question at hand (i.e. Licensure, Endorsements, Advising, Career Services, Admissions, Registrar, ITU Support, etc.). When in doubt, ask your advisor!

Where to look for Advising

Contact the Education Leadership program at Faculty and staff will answer any questions that you may have about your program or degree.

CoursesMore Less

EDLE Courses

EDPD Courses

EDUC Courses

Faculty/StaffMore Less


  • Shahrokhi, Farnoosh Academic Program Co-Coordinator Email
    Phone: (703) 993-2009
    Fax: (703) 993-3643

  • Biggs, Regina Academic Program Co-Coordinator Email
    Phone: (703) 993-4679
    Fax: (703) 993-3643

  • Crawley, Alvin Email
    Phone: 703-993-5944
    Fax: 703-993-3643

  • Hunter, Seth Email
    Phone: (703) 993-4485
    Fax: (703) 993-3643

  • Marshall, Maureen Email
    Fax: (703) 993-3643

  • Pamas, Roberto Email
    Phone: (703) 993-2033
    Fax: (703) 993-3643

  • Sturrock, Alan Email
    Phone: (703) 993-4256
    Fax: (703) 993-3643

  • Viano, Samantha Email
    Phone: (703) 993-2572
    Fax: (703) 993-3643


Affiliated Faculty

  • Baker, Pamela Email
    Phone: (703) 993-1787
    Fax: (703) 993-3681

  • Brigham, Frederick Email
    Phone: (703) 993-1667
    Fax: (703) 993-3678



  • Antonellis, Cherie Email
    Phone: (703) 993-3633
    Fax: (703) 993-3643

  • Martinez-Vallejos, Donna Email
    Phone: (703) 993-3633
    Fax: (703) 993-3643

Cohort Registration GuideMore Less

Registration Guide

Financial Aid Registration Guide

ResourcesMore Less

Grading Policies

Students in a graduate program must maintain a 3.000 GPA (B average). Mason allows six credits of C grades for graduation with a master's degree. However, EDLE students who receive a grade of C will not be recommended for state licensure.

Transfer of Credit

With advisor approval, up to 12 credits for the master's degree and up to 9 credits for licensure course work may be transferred from George Mason Nondegree or another accredited institution. Credits must be less than six years old, at the graduate level, and graded (grade of B or better, no pass/fail, audit, school district professional development courses, etc.).


Financial Aid

Information on loans, assistantships, fellowships, and other types of financial aid is available in the Office of Student Financial Aid which can be reached via telephone at 703.993.2353 or on the web at

Related Links