Education Leadership, MEd
The Education Leadership Master's Program is dedicated to improving the quality of pre-K - 12 education through teaching, research, and service.
The 30-credit Master's degree is designed to fulfill Virginia requirements for licensure in Administration and Supervision PK-12, and is aligned with national standards for school building leaders. Applicants who already have a Master’s degree and a valid teachers’ license in Virginia may apply to the 24-credit Certificate option, which includes the first eight courses listed below.
Education Leadership, MEd (30 credits)
Courses should be taken in the sequence listed below. Students must earn a B- or better in the first 8 courses listed.
- EDLE 620: Organizational Theory and Leadership (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 690: Using Research to Lead School Improvement (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 791: Internship in Educational Leadership (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 612: Education Law (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 614: Managing Financial and Human Resources (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 616: Curriculum Development and Evaluation (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 618: Supervision and Evaluation of Instruction (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 610: Leading Schools and Communities (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 634: Contemporary Issues in Education Leadership (3 credit hours)