Education Leadership, MEd Concentration in Independent School Leadership (non-licensure)
The MEd in Education Leadership with a concentration in Independent School Leadership is a 30-credit hour program offered entirely online.
The Independent School Leadership concentration is a non-licensure path within the Education Leadership program with a focus on the unique leadership and instructional needs of directors, heads of schools, and other professionals responsible for the growth and management of independent and private schools. Like other candidates in the Education Leadership program, students will develop and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to create and maintain learning environments that value diversity, instructional leadership, innovative and ethical decision-making, reflective practice, and the successful achievement of all students, with an emphasis on the independent school context.
- Completely online program in a cohort format
- Finish in as little as 2 years
- Tuition discounts available to Virginia educators and out-of-state students.
- EDLE 620: Organizational Theory and Leadership (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 690: Using Research to Lead School Improvement (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 792: Internship in Independent School Leadership (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 612: Education Law (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 616: Curriculum Development and Evaluation (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 614: Managing Financial and Human Resources (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 618: Supervision and Evaluation of Instruction (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 610: Leading Schools and Communities (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 635: Governance and the Independent School Boardroom (3 credit hours)