Education Leadership Graduate Certificate
"The internship experience was purposeful and brought all of the coursework together, which helped me feel prepared to move immediately into an administrative position."
This 24-credit certificate, a state-approved (Virginia) sequence of courses leading to the Administration and Supervision PreK-12 endorsement area, is designed for educators who already hold a valid teaching license and already have a master’s degree from a regionally accredited university
Note:This certificate option is available to students enrolled in the Education Leadership program and not in the Education Leadership with Special Education Concentration (SELE). Students admitted into the EDLE certificate program are NOT eligible to apply for financial aid.
Education Leadership Graduate Certificate (24 credits)
- EDLE 620: Organizational Theory and Leadership (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 690: Using Research to Lead School Improvement (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 791: Internship in Educational Leadership (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 612: Education Law (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 614: Managing Financial and Human Resources (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 616: Curriculum Development and Evaluation (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 618: Supervision and Evaluation of Instruction (3 credit hours)
- EDLE 610: Leading Schools and Communities (3 credit hours)