Early Childhood Special Education Licensure Undergraduate Certificate
This 33-credit hour certificate offers required coursework for teacher licensure in Early Childhood Special Education.
This program is pending State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) and Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) approval.
- ECED 402: Foundations of Language and Literacy for Diverse Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 403: Inclusive Curriculum for Young Learners: Planning Instruction and Guidance (3 credit hours)
- ECED 404: Engaging Families of Diverse Learners, Birth – Grade 6 (3 credit hours)
- ECED 405: Introduction to Early Childhood Special Education (3 credit hours)
- ECED 406: Medical and Developmental Aspects of Disabilities of Diverse Young Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 411: Assessment of Diverse Young Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 422: Developing Language, Literacy, and Communication of Diverse Infants and Toddlers (3 credit hours)
- ECED 423: Early Intervention for Infants & Toddlers with Disabilities: Collaborative & Consultative Approaches (3 credit hours)
- ECED 490: Internship in Early Childhood Education (6 credit hours)