Assistive technology promotes greater independence by enabling people to perform tasks that they were formerly unable to accomplish
The Assistive Technology minor provides undergraduate students with background knowledge in assistive technology. At least eight of the following 15 credits must be applied only to this minor and may not be used to fulfill requirements of the student’s major, concentration, an undergraduate certificate, or another minor.
Assistive Technology Minor Requirements
- EDAT 410: Introduction to Assistive Technology (3 credit hours)
- EDAT 421: Augmentative Communication (3 credit hours)
- EDAT 422: Assistive Technology for Individuals with Sensory Impairments (3 credit hours)
- EDAT 423: Accessibility and Input Modifications (3 credit hours)
- EDUC 203: Disability in American Culture (3 credit hours)