- Assistive Technology Degree Options
- Fully Online Degree Program
- Current Student Information
- Study Abroad Opportunity
- Special Education Programs
- Contact Us
The Assistive Technology graduate certificate provides supplemental training for practitioners, families, and caregivers who use assistive technology while working with people with disabilities.
This 15-credit certificate provides supplemental training for practitioners, families, and caregivers who use assistive technology while working with people with disabilities. The certificate is appropriate for general and special educators, related service personnel, adult service providers, and families and caregivers who need to apply assistive technology solutions within their specific discipline or school, work, home, or community setting.
All course work is offered in an online format and the graduate certificate may be pursued on a part-time or full-time basis. This certificate does not lead to teacher licensure.
Assistive Technology Graduate Certificate
Required Courses (6 credits)
- EDAT 510: Introduction to Assistive Technology (3 credit hours)
- EDAT 610: Designing Adapted Environments (3 credit hours)
AT encompasses multiple environments, age groups, disability areas, and professional disciplines. Students can choose electives that focus their learning based on their unique interests and/or professional goals. Each elective is designed to address the specific needs of those working in education, home, community, and/or work environments. In addition, assignments within core course are designed to provide students the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills learned to their specific discipline and/or area(s) of interest.
Electives (9 credits)
Choose 9 credits from the following:
- EDAT 521: Augmentative Communication (3 credit hours)
- EDAT 523: Accessibility and Input Modifications (3 credit hours)
- EDAT 524: Universal Design for Learning (3 credit hours)
- EDAT 527: Assistive Technology for Independent Living and Employment (3 credit hours)