Gifted Child Education Graduate Certificate (Cohort Only)
The Gifted Child graduate certificate is designed for currently licensed teachers who are interested in working with gifted children and fulfilling the requirements for an add-on endorsement in gifted education.
Courses (21 credits)
- EDCI 621: Introduction to Gifted and Talented Learners (3 credit hours) *
- EDCI 622: Curriculum Differentiation for Diverse Learners (3 credit hours) *
- EDCI 623: Models and Strategies for Teaching Gifted Learners (3 credit hours) *
- EDCI 624: Assessment, Identification, and Evaluation of Gifted Learners (3 credit hours) *
- EDCI 625: Contemporary Issues and Trends in Gifted Education (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 626: Action Research in Gifted Education (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 627: Advanced Practicum in Gifted Education (3 credit hours) (**Students who do not have one full year of teaching experience must take EDCI 627)
- *EDCI 621-624 are the four courses required for VA GCE endorsement.
- **One year of successful full-time teaching in an accredited public or non-public school may be accepted in lieu of the EDCI 627 practicum (VA Licensure Regulations for School Personnel, 1998). Please consult your advisor regarding procedures for EDCI 627 - Practicum Waiver.