Why Transformative Teaching?
Transformative Teaching is the program. Now is the time.
Throughout the nation, schools are facing rapid changes in economic conditions, social issues, new technologies, and shifting student demographics. With change comes opportunity.
Our schools need Transformative Teaching Graduates who:
- Believe all students can learn and take steps to ensure that they do
- Conduct teacher action research and make evidence-based decisions
- Design teaching around cutting-edge research on learning and brain development
- Infuse technological innovations to engage and motivate students
- Participate constructively in professional learning communities that value and share teacher expertise
- Create inclusive classroom environments
- Employ effective formative and summative assessments that inform instruction
- Develop culturally-responsive teaching practices
- Become critical consumers of educational research
- Create partnerships with parents and community members
- Prepare students to participate in our diverse democratic society
- Become leaders capable of influencing educational policy