Secondary Education 6-12
Curriculum and Instruction, MEd
Concentration in Secondary Education Chemistry (SECC) (35 credits)
Licensure Course Work (17 credits plus 6 credit internship)
Course work meets licensure and master's degree requirements.
- EDUC 522: Foundations of Secondary Education (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 573: Teaching Science in the Secondary School (3 credit hours)
- EDUC 672: Human Development and Learning: Secondary Education (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 673: Advanced Methods of Teaching Science in the Secondary School (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 790: Internship in Education (1-6 credit hours) (Corequisite: EDCI 791)
- EDRD 619: Literacy in Content Areas (3 credit hours)
- EDCI 791: Internship Seminar in Secondary Teaching (2 credit hours) (Co-requisite: EDCI 790)
Completion of MEd Degree (plus 12 credits)
An additional 12 credits are required for completion of the Master of Education (MEd) in Curriculum and Instruction degree and must be completed within six years of admission to the program.
- Education elective (9 credits) with adviser approval.
- EDUC 675: Research in Secondary Education (3 credit hours) ((must be taken last); Portfolio completion and defense during this final semester)