Early Childhood Education
Graduate Certificate - Early Childhood Education - PK-3 Licensure (EPK3)
This 30-credit hour certificate offers required course work for teacher licensure in Early Childhood Education PK-3 to be completed with 15 to 30 credits based on the number of equivalent courses completed prior to enrollment.
- ECED 501: Developmental Pathways of Diverse Learners, Birth-Adolescence (3 credit hours)
- ECED 502: Foundations of Language and Literacy for Diverse Young Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 503: Inclusive Curriculum for Young Learners: Planning Instruction and Guidance (3 credit hours)
- ECED 504: Families, Communities, and Schools (3 credit hours)
- ECED 511: Assessment of Diverse Young Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 512: Language and Literacy Assessment and Instruction for Diverse Young Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 513: Curriculum Across the Content Areas for Diverse Young Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 514: Mathematics and Science for Diverse Young Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 790: Internship in Early Childhood Education (3 credit hours)
- ECED 795: Internship in Kindergarten - Third Grade (3 credit hours)
(Two internship experiences required. Register for 3 credits of ECED 790; register for 3 credits of ECED 795.)
A professional portfolio is required. The portfolio reflects the student's professional development throughout the program and contains examples of performance assessments associated with standards.
Field experience may be required throughout the program.
Two internships are required for teacher licensure. One preschool and one K-3 internship are required. Application deadlines are February 15 for fall and summer placements; September 15 for spring placement. Internship applications are available as is additional information about the Early Childhood Education for Diverse Learners Program.