The Division of Learning Technologies (LT) of the College of Education and Human Development at George Mason University promotes innovative academic programs and research-based practices related to the design, development and integration of learning technologies in schools and communities and in corporate, government, and higher education settings. The mission of the LT division is to leverage the use of technology to create engaging, optimal, and inclusive learning opportunities and instructional experiences by 1) providing students and professionals with an education that is grounded in theoretical models balanced with real-life applications and project-based experiences, 2) promoting strategic, innovative, and creative thinking using design research methods and practices, and 3) building and fostering partnerships aimed at advancing the field of learning technologies through R&D initiatives.
The LT division supports two academic programs, Instructional Design and Technology, and Learning Technologies in Schools, and a PhD Concentration in Learning Technologies Design Research. Each academic program has its own degree options which include master's degree concentrations and graduate certificates. The LT division also hosts the Center for Digital Media Innovation and Diversity (CDMID), the Innovations in e-Learning Symposium (IEL), and several other partnerships and collaborative initiatives. The LT division serves students, schools, and learning organizations in the private and public sector and has 6 full time faculty, 5 affiliate faculty, and several part time faculty. Faculty teach a variety of courses face-to-face, blended, and online, and conduct innovative research.
Academic Program Coordinator & Professor-in-Charge
- Instructional Design and Technology: Nada Dabbagh
- Learning Technologies in Schools: Priscilla Norton
- Learning Technologies Design Research PhD concentration: Priscilla Norton
- e-Learning Graduate Certificate: Shahron Williams van Rooij
- Integration of Technology in Schools Graduate Certificate:Dawn Hathaway
- Integration of Online Learning in Schools Graduate Certificate: Dawn Hathaway
- Center for Digital Media Innovation and Diversity: Kevin Clark